Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh Snap

Cardi: LOFT clearance / Blouse: Gap ($8!) / Jeans: Ross (xoxo) / Shoes: Blowfish / Necklace: AE

As in cold snap, that is. It snowed again Sunday. Not quite like you see in these photos. I wanted to emphasize the drama of snow in May, so I used pre-blogging practice shots from February. Or I've just been lazy on outfit photos... It's could really go either way. But if dear old Jack Frost kills our beautiful blossoms and we don't get fruit again this year, I'm going to be sending out some curses {classy, I know}.


On a brighter note, Sunday I also made the best falafels. The recipe is here, but I made quite a few changes: add an extra 1/2 can of chickpeas {or whole can if you double the recipe as I did}; dice the onion, garlic, and parsley before pureeing; add an extra egg; double the spices and garlic; make smaller patties, then bake on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray at 400 F for 11-12 minutes, then flip and bake for another 4-5 minutes. I didn't change the cucumber sauce except to use low-fat mayo. It's delish. Enjoy with whole wheat pitas, cherry tomatoes, feta, and a salad of fresh greens tossed with lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper :)  A double recipe made enough for 6 with leftovers for lunches.


If you're wondering what's up with the non-Frenchy recipe, never fear. I love my French cuisine. In fact, I had my first Francophone Friday post, complete with a double dish on a delightful recipe and the nuances of the phrase oh là là all set to go till Blogger freaked. But no worries. This summer I'm going to Julia Child it all over up in this blogosphere. So let visions of chocolate mousses, ratatouilles, and delectable tartes and crêpes dance in your head while you attend avec impatience.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*attend avec impatience = wait impatiently / excitedly :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Silesia Street Look said...

Nice blouses and congratulations! :D

Siouxzy said...

I love falafel! And your clothes!

Cassi said...

Thanks! I just realized I didn't keep my intention with my Julia Child recipes. This was before we decided to go to Europe. Maybe this winter, instead :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...