Saturday, May 14, 2011

À Mon Mari


At 9:00 a.m. on a lovely spring day in Washington, D.C. this man became my husband. At 1:00 a.m. this morning he went to make copies for me when our printer tanked and I wasn't ready for school. At 2:30 a.m. last year he ran to the store after I ran out of eggs for delicious roulades au chocolat and mini crèmes brûlée for French food day. {Despite the fact that we do not live in town, and he had to be at work by 8:00 a.m. both mornings.} He never fails me through meltdowns, through fits, through life's many ups and downs, and through all those photos you see. He uplifts me when I'm down and sometimes brings me flowers for no reason at all. I'm one lucky procrastinating damsel in distress. Otherwise, I'm just a lucky sap who couldn't resist it when this came to mind:

My hair is red
My eyes are blue
My heart belongs
Only to you ♥

Joyeaux anniversaire, mon chèr.

1 comment:

Loretta Stevens said...

Happy Anniversary! You look like a Prince & Princess to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...