Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Travel Style


Tank, Cardi: F21 / Jeans: Gap ($8!) / Shoes: Express / Belt: Ruche / Headband: J Crew Factory clearance / Earrings: AE / Lighthouse in the background: Heceta Head (breathtaking- highly recommend the hike to visit it!)

I've pinky promised myself to no longer use vacations as an excuse to dress like a student who studied for finals all night. I'm no longer a student, so I've no excuse to dress like one. Further, I'm almost embarrassed when looking back at shots from previous travels. I'm usually wearing old jeans and a tee. Sometimes even sweats. No attempt whatsoever, really. Is that how I want to remember myself and my travels one day? Absolument pas*. So this coast trip became my debut for attempting to travel a bit more stylishly. I packed my new jean capris that I found at Gap's extra-40% of sale items sale. They seem to be having those a lot lately, and I'm taking full  advantage.

I think I was fairly successful. When entering a shop in this outfit, a random person exiting told me she loved my outfit. My baggy fleece pants never got that kind of love. The Husband said I should make up cards to hand out for my blog. Ha! Um, no thanks dear, but sweet of you to think of my blog. You get 2 points :)

I found it surprisingly easy to maintain the comfort I wanted using stretchy but fitted bottoms, flowy tanks, and cardigans or blazers. I packed a raincoat and wellies for inclement weather, and found I could still wear nice shoes and remove them to climb on smoother rocks or play in the sand. Perfect for hunting sea stars.


The only one who didn't appreciate my new-found desire for style while traveling was the Hound. Dressing nicely is promptly negated when covered with furs. She's shedding like crazy, and was thus relegated to the back seat, for which she determinedly demonstrated her distaste by alternating pitiful glances at my lap while resting her head sorrowfully on the center console and whining insistently, then appealing to the Husband by resting her head on the corner of his seat back and cutely hanging on with her paws when he rounded a curve.


He caved a few times and called her up to his lap. He's a softie like that. Sigh, 2 more points :)

P.S. Linked up here for the Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday and here for Tiffany's Cute Party!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Absolument pas = Certainly not
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Siouxzy said...

Just plain jealous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...