Thursday, May 3, 2012

Goodbye, Winter

Dress: ModCloth / Skirt as Slip: Gap / Belt, Necklace: Ruche / Boots: Ugg / Shoes: J Crew via DownEast / Watch: Fossil / Bag: Bunco Prize

This winter was fairly mild compared to last year, and I think { fingers crossed } it's finally over. Blossoms and sunshine are finally in abundance. We no longer huddle in the smallest room of our house around the electric heater. Nor do we need our mattress warmer. Getting out of the shower is no longer the hardest part of the day, and I no longer dread coming home to a freezing house. Merci, merci, merci, Madame Spring for coming earli(er) this year! In return for such kindness, I feel I must bid a proper adieu to Old Man Winter. I won't be missing his icy greetings any time soon. Or ever, actually. In fact, I'd be perfectly satisfied to get my fill of snow at Crater Lake each year if he'd just leave me alone.

We love to hit up Crater Lake for a nice after-church drive, and wanted to get up there for a last look at the snow. A few thoughts:

1) I purchased this dress with this particular lake in mind. I may have bought it in hopes of entering a photo contest to win a gift card, which would in effect pay for the dress and leave me extra for some other lovely. Then the contest closed before the dress arrived. Boo.
2) The snow didn't get as high as last year along the roadside. Evidently, this displeases me.
3) My birthday shoes, snagged at DownEast for under $30, are way slicker at modeling than I am.


4) I love my Husband and Hound. And Spring! Le printemps, je t'adore!*

And yes, this is their new official pose. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Le printemps, je t'adore! =I love you, Spring!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Dearest Lou said...

Oh my goodness I love this outfit, so perfect! (: Would love if you checked out my Thursday link party or thriftfanatics page if you get a minute (;

xx
Cecilia
dearestlou.com

Emily said...

Such a cute dress! Love it.
Creamy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...