Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Name That Creature on My Sweater!

Button-up: Maurices / Sweater: H&M / Skirt: Thrifted Ann Taylor / Booties: Blowfish / Jewelry: Gabes

Dear me, it's been a long time since I've posted. I've been terribly sick this fall so far. However, I'm finally starting to feel better, just as the trees are starting to tun! I've been craving fall trees and crab cakes, so I think we'll have to make a trip to the coast this weekend. And stop by a pumpkin farm and corn maze. It's not officially autumn until you've done that.

Meanwhile, can you name that creature on my sweater? I bought it on a fun family girls outing while we were in Utah over Labor Day weekend {at the fancy schmancy new City Creek Center, nonetheless}, and the family had a fun time trying to figure out what the heck it is. A mouse? A lynx? A gray fox? Anyhow, it's cute and cozy, and I intend to get a lot of use out of it this season :)

Though I was pretty sure I was about to die any minute, I managed two accomplishments since our trip last month. The rest of my time was spent zombie-ing it through school and sleeping on the couch with the Hound.

1.  We saved some of our fruit from the birds and deer. I didn't have it in me to make anything interesting, but there's nothing like fresh fruit from your back yard.


2. I  squeezed out a September style post for Frenchy. That was about it for style productivity, though, so I'm afraid the top photo is a repeat from that post. I talked about thrifting and working tweed into your fall wardrobe for both casual and dressy looks. For example, you could replace a cornflower blue animal-face sweater with cornflower blue heels to make the look up top a bit dressier. Check it out over here! And enjoy your autumn! May it one day be the longest season of the year. Oh that would be fabulous.

Heels: J. Crew via DownEast / Purse: Old Gap

1 comment:

Sister Tara Bowen said...

So does that all mean what I think it means?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...