Wednesday, August 15, 2012

White Out

Hat: Asos / Top: F21 / Shorts: Old Navy / Shoes, Belt: J Crew final sale / Earrings: DC street market / Necklace: Brighton / Watch: Anne Klein

I've been wanting a Panama hat for awhile now, but they can be quite pricey. I kept waiting for the one at J. Crew to go on final sale, like these shoes and belt. Their cost together was less than that darn hat. But alas, patience isn't my forte, and the pressing knowledge that summer only has a little over a month left {!!Where did it go?!!} forced me to give up and get this one from Asos clearance. It came really mashed and bent out of shape. I tried steaming it, then wetting it with warm water to shape it. Obviously, it's not the quality of the J.Crew version. I guess you get what you pay for. Anyone out there know how to make crown indentations on a paper straw hat?

In other news, monochromatic white has become my new very best friend this very hot summer. Not only does it keep me cool, but I also kind of like constantly feeling like I'm about to hop a plane to some exotic, beachy destination. Yes, all you staring at my all-white ensemble, you keep on thinking I'm that fabulous.

Meanwhile, you see those earrings up there? One of my best purchases to date. They're the perfect pop of color for white, black, and everything in between.

P.S. I'm working on more Europe posts. Monaco is almost finished, but I've got to pop up to Portland for a few days for some very important business. I'm taking the train for the first time in the U.S. I'm afraid it won't hold a candle to my visions of the Hogwarts Express, but at least the scenery is bound to be nice on a train called the Coast Starlight, right?

Monochromatic | Everybody, Everywear

4 comments:

Joy Shana said...

Chic look, nice blog
http://shana-style.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Love this look especially the hat and those sparkly shoes! Popping over from EBEW.

silvergirl said...

popping over from ebew
just love this look
the hat was worth the wait
brett

Mary Lindsey said...

I love this hat! :)

-Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...