Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polka Dots and Mardi Gras

 Polka Dotted Skirt: Gabes (Limited Too) / Cardigan: J Crew Factory / Scarf: France / Shoes: Gabes (Prediction)

Today’s been dubbed Polka Dot Day by the ladies at Everybody, Everywear. It’s also Mardi Gras! So how perfect is it that the only polka dotted article of clothing I own is adorned with green and blue dots? We’ll just pretend those blue dots are a hue of purple, I’ll throw in some gold beads, and I’m set. I’m the holiday-dressing teacher I promised I’d never become...but hopefully, a bit more stylish. And sans beads, as you can see. You didn’t really think I’d go that far, did you?

I had quite the difficult time deciding whether to participate in Polka Dot Day considering that a) this skirt is from a children's brand and the design is a fair tell-tale sign of that fact. I think it’s better pulled off by an adult in the breezy summertime. It was a challenge to appropriately winterize it, but I think I did all right using the 'it goes' rather than matches trick; and b) this is now the first official post on my new style blog, which I wasn’t planning to unveil till I had my fabulously not-yet-created header and buttons up and a terribly witty commentary for my first post. But who wants to miss out on Polka Dot Day? I’ve recently become a bit obsessed with polka dots, and have tried in vain to acquire more of them in clothing form. Luck has not been with me, but I have a trip to Portland this weekend and am hoping to satiate my longing for spots at some great thrift shops.

So, there you have it. My first post. I’m actually glad I did it now, rather than waiting to perfect my blog design. I’ve got several draft posts ready, and I’ve also begun the process of creating a more workable wardrobe, starting with Kendi’s Purge, Assess, Organize, Shop, and Remix tutorial, which I’d like to document in case I { I should probably just say “for when I”} experience a relapse of poor shopping/wardrobe building decisions.

Up next on Rue Ceri: Proof that I’m serious about this working wardrobe thing. I’m still in Phase 1: The Purge. It’s wicked difficult. In the meantime, have a spot of tea with your spots and enjoy this fine day to celebrate such a fine trend! Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I have this thing where I wish I were British. Old school British, apparently. I’ll try to keep it to a minimum. 

Bon Mardi Gras!

Polka Dots | Everybody, Everywear

5 comments:

Linda said...

Your first post is EBEW? How great! And you look like a natural!
I'm up in Portland, I hope you have a fun time there.

Thanks for joining us at EBEW today!
The Auspicious Life

Jaime said...

So glad you started this sooner rather than later. Gonna have to join ya. Awesome 1st post!

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

You ROCK those dots Girl! :) Good luck with your blog! Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEW!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

Cait said...

I love this look and the scenery is beautiful. Can't wait to see more looks!

http://fashioncuriouscait.blogspot.com

Cassi said...

Merci beaucoup, chèries! I was so excited to get your comments, and can't wait to check out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...